About Me

My photo
Austria
In August 2011 the puzzle of my randomising symptoms finally got a name: chronic persistant lyme and neuroborreliosis. I created this blog to find and provide sharing. I guess you must be lymean to understand. ******************************** Im August 2011 bekamen all die diversen Symptome, Schmerzen, Probleme und Problemchen einen gemeinsamen Titel: chronische persistierende Lyme Neuroborreliose. Ich habe diesen Blog eröffnet, um Erfahrungen teilen zu können. Borreliose macht einsam, vielleicht muss man Borreliose haben, um das zu verstehen.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Valleys and Peaks

Hm, last entry in november 2012 -
how time is running fast!
How many times did I want to post something,
yet - the thought was too volatile to get caught and fixed.

And now, looking back at those months
I can see the continuance of this endless dance
with its many valleys and peaks.
Only a few of them outstanding in a way that I could remember.

One deep valley I had to run through
was the shingles I caught. Or better, they caught me.
Before I saw the rash I freaked out as I thought
it would be the borreliosis bothering me more than ever.

Although I felt relieved that it was "just" shingles
and would find an end after some time,
I suffered a lot from violent pain, not only violent
but also a for a long time and - not amazing -
I kept some pain as rememberance, as it happens to 5%.
Will see if I can get rid of it with the time.

So I spent February and March caring for my rash
and felt sick, sick and sick.
The only activity one could get me to
were the daily doggy walks.
I learned that moderate move like walking without hurry
is the best for my muscles and joints - and brain.
It was like a purgatory and I felt it might help.
I started with pain and dark foggy brain for my walk
and I got back after one hour with less pain and felt relieved.

With spring coming up my mood got better
and I could even smile from time to time
(gosh, I think I had forgotten to smile for months before!).
I started to remember those initial contemplation exercises
which I used to do 20 years ago: walking meditation.
Poor results at the beginning
as I was not able to keep focused for even 30 seconds.
Yet day by day I felt better and more light inside.
I was amazed about the immense grief, aggression and desperation
I found inside myself.
By walking and breathing I let them go, again and again.

Looking back I can say now
that I still have my moments, hours and days
full of pain and foggy brain.
Yet I am starting to feel the rush of a sudden happiness,
delicate and volatile but powerful,
how I used to feel so often in the past before borrelias had overcome.

Another important improvement
I get by daily (well, almost daily) exercise of the 5 Tibetans.
I started with 3 repetitions and I felt like a 100 year old woman.
Nothing left from years with yoga and meditation exercises,
just a stiff aching body with weak joints.
Now I am with 13 repetitions of each of the 5 exercises
and I feel how they strengthen and balance both my body and mind.

That encouraged me to restart with Tai Chi
I once have done for some years, long long ago.
Thanks to youtube I found some videos
to relearn and exercise whenever I feel for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment